Sunday, November 15, 2009

hw 21 art



I think that my art is a hammer. All of these items can represent a hammer building a new me. In the picture you can see many devices that do the same things but i have multiples of them in different colors. 4 psp's, 2 cellphones, and tons of games on my xbox and in the drawer behind it. All of these devices have changed me and have made me more and more dependent.

My art makes me think about how i am making myself dumber in a way. i feel like i am not happy even with all opf these devices to get me through a day. I think that having all of these things are not necessary but I still have them and i barely use half of these things anymore. they are just collecting dust.

The most interesting thing about my piece was that as i gathered them togethewr and took the picture, i thought about the story behind all of these items, such as the xbox being my 3rd one because myohter ones broke. Also how those 2 cellphones wwere given to me in middle school. All of these items have a story and I found it interesting that i could make a pyramid with these things and how much money is gathered up in this one picture. This was interesting to me because when i took the picture and showed it to my brother, he went, "damn, i forgot all about those things!" then i said, "I know right!?" It was just very interesting to see all of these things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment