Friday, April 23, 2010

hw 49

A. My personal contribution to the film was to be an extra and act all excited for the first day of school. i felt like the little parts that i probably will show up in, hopefully they will be good.

B. The message that i got from my section's movie was that even the authority figures have flaws and that sometimes the savior needs to be saved. I felt like our script was really a depressed script, considering that the savior was a drug addict who needed help to control his life. I felt like this was a depressing film.

C. My section's film could compare to the ones that we watched becuase, in a majority of these movies there is a savior. There is also a class full of kids wanting a change, or at least acting like they want a change. The big contrast was how the teacher was the weak one in this situation and there was only about one movie that i remember seeing that was like this, and that was Hamlet 2. This was similar to my movie because we both showed the authority figure as a mess, someone who was lost, and their only guidance came from their jobs, teaching kids. Whether that was from teaaching kids theater or philosophy.

D. I find this idea of salvation and schooling very interesting because it really depicts what we are like. We all think that wer want change, is it us who want that change or is it our parents trying to get that change so they can feel better about what their situation was like. Why is it that the place that many kids hate most, is the place where they are suppose to succeed in? This idea of finding a savior in school is very crazy to me because its like we really have no other people to help us out. we are always going to be alone and really when we are young, this is our chance to find that one persone that will help you out with what you are going through, its stange how schools always have that one person who majority of kids find as a savior. I guess it has something to do with relating to that person on a mental level, if you can impact that child with a story, then you have become like their guardian away from home, the little voice in their head saying, "well what would my teacher think about this?" I think these savior teachers are like programs in our heads that can run our lives. Our minds literally belong to our saviors at least for a part of our days, and maybe for a majority of our lives. Just like my 5th grade teacher was my savior. For little things like that she was spanish so i guess my mom and her could relate. She has seen crazy things throughout her life, so i guess by my teacher thelling my mom her storuies, she sort of became her savior and eventually mine. Was that why i bout the gift for her when i graduated? Was that my appreciation to her for shaping me up to live in this world. I really still try and make my 5th grade teacher proud iof me, even if i havent seen her in like 11 years, i sort of feel that if she was my savior, i have to succeed and be someone elses savior, or i will fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment