Sunday, September 27, 2009

when I saw my video, I thought that I looked really entertained. I was on the computer, my phone, and my ipod at hte same time. I do this everyday when I get home so it felt natural to me.

I think that if my children were to do this, I don't think it would bother me that much because I think that they are just experimenting with new things. I wouldn't let my kids use it excessively unless it is for homework or something important.

when using a device, I look kind of hypnotized. I think our minds switch modes and we become like zombies. I also think that when people see the digital device working, it gives people a great deal of interest in it.

I think that the wii is just a big excuse to seem like your improving yourself. they trick the public into buying things like this and it actually works. I guess the way that the wii was advertised was very exciting for people who play video games. Then again all the games on it like wii sports, prevents people from playing these sports in an outdoor environment. Now people can play tennis without sweating and with a bag of chips next to you. This gives people a reason to not be active.

2 comments:

  1. I liked your video it was very interesting and similar to mines. The video shows that you were very hypotonized while you multitasking with all these different digital devices. You became lifeless and like a zombie who dont have brains. This connects also i believe to others and myself because we were so focused on the digital device and not paying attention what is in front, back or what is going on around us. I aggreed with you when you talked about who the WII that it prevents people from playing sports physically. Whats the point of sports then if you can play outside? Watching your video makes me more self-consicious of who i look when im doing things digtially. Great job on your video! I hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Leah

    I appreciate your comments about my video. I thought you had interesting ideas especially with my idea about the wii.

    what i thought was helpful about your comment was when you spoke about how the wii prevents people from playing sports outside because now the wii is sort of like a valid excuse for some people.

    I really liked the question that you asked, about not playing sports outside anymore. It made me think that one day the things we do will be in a safe boring environment. one day we may live in an all virtual world where people won't have to do anything at all in reality but instead in a virtual world.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. i hope to read more of your comments

    ReplyDelete