Tuesday, May 25, 2010

hw 58 parenting 102

something in my life that played a role in the way i grew up was the way that my grandmother was the one to be very craing for me. while my mother worked, i stayed eith my grandma, also when my mom went out on weekend i stayed eith my grandparents. i feel like the way that i am growing up is sort of to impress them mote than to imptess my mother. i feel like when my mom would get people to help her raise me, i was looking up to them and i felt like i had to live up to them, sort of like my grandparents. they tell me to do good and they support me and so i feel like they are sort of who i try to make happy, instead of my own mom. this is one reason why i would want my child to be raised by me and some sort of nanny and not family, because family plays a big role in everyone's life and their influence is greater to a child.

when the guest speaker Rob came in to speak he said that his daughter is going to be raised organically and he will have a nanny take care of her. i feel that is the best way to raise a child. i think that a child's mind is like a flash drive. once exposed to things such as television and negative lifestyles, their memory gets filled and they save these images, and they can always come back to them. Parenting in a way that the child is carefully monitered and read to and properly taken care of, may assure that a child can develop quicker and be more intelligent. it sort of has something to do with maybe how rob was raised and maybe he wants to be different from his family norms and maybe that is why he may raise Eva the way that he has been doing.

the way that i was raised was very effective in some areas but much less effective in others, areas like respect and being nice were very effective towards me as i have grown up to be respectful and not to act out. Areas that didnt work were sort of the areas that to me seemed rebellious. Like if my mom told me not to watch something, i would watch it after she left. Things like that built up my curiosity and i feel like that was very important. Kids should be able to explore their surroundings at a young age to sort of familiarize themselves with what their society is like. i feel that curiousity is why people are the way that they are, people who at a young age had something happen to them that altered the paths of their lives forever. for the better or worse, i feel that parenting shapes a child's life to the poin where that child becomes the adult running themselves.

In a way this unit has opened my mind to parenting and maybe to even if i want a kid. the struggles and the problems that parents go through and how children run your life once you have them. I have seen so many of my closr friends especially this year, having children and now all of a suddn they cannot do anything, because they have a child that they need to cater to. children are the parents bosses, even if the paren doesnt realize it, they are. children sort of telepathically tell the parent that they have a responsibility to attend to at home, and this idea of having kids is very interesting, especially when Andy said that like half of us were all mistakes, i feel yhat society makes it so that even if a child was a mistake, you have to go through with having it, or you are looked down upon. i feel like this parenting unit will be on my mind for a while. Even when i am about to start a family, i will think back to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment