Monday, February 22, 2010

hw 40

These are some interviews.

My brother Steven:
Question: what do you hate most about school? I hate how in my school, they have the dumbest rules, like if you skip class for more than 20 minutes, you get an in school suspension, and it goes on your transcript. like how does that look man, a freakin suspension on your record for being late. Its sad. I hate how i dont have gym either. They treat us like babies yo.


Q
uestion: Does school help you in what you want to do when you get older? Haha, i don't even know what i wanna do yet, i think that school distracts you from thnking in for the future, and keeping you in the present, which is why i think people are lost when they get older and really end up doing things that they dont love.


My mom:
What was school like for you when you were my age? I loved school, but it was so dangerous . My friend got shot in the auditorim and he's paralyzed now. My other one died in a stabbing. I lost so many good people, and i think that was because there was no guidance. We didnt have what you guys have now. If i had computers and cellphones, and all this high tech stuff, I think that would have motivated me to do better. This is why i get mad when i see you guys come home with report cards with bad grades on it, you guys should be doing great, you don't need to carry around all the books that i had to. Everything is online. But school was good. I always loved school, but i was raised to work and i had nobody positive to follow. I guess that's why i didn't end up going to collge, rather than a couple college classes at st john's, that's all i had. If i did go to college, i would have wanted to become a social worker or practice in the medical field, but now im stuck at a place I hate. If you had a choice to go back to school would you go? Yes i would, just the process of going to work, coming home and everything in between, it is becoming impossible to go back. Maybe when you guys are all older and get jobs, i may consider it, but now, it would be impossible to manage.

Friend: So what time do you think school should start at? "Im fine with my time because i get out early anyways. I wouldnt mind if it was a bit later though. I would be more awake if it was. I hate doing work early. So do you think that what you learned in school is important in your life? " i guess some of it has to be. i mean what we do now determines where we may be in our future. There has to be some importance in what we are doing.

Brother: so why do you hate school so much? " i think school has officially become an obstacle for me. Yea it was fun for the 12 years i was in school, but now i think its time to experience the real world, and get out of this box that i have been in for so long. " Do you think that what you learn now can help you in the future? "i dont really think i need anymore math in my life. What i wanna do doesn't really invole school smarts, but more of street smarts.

Friend: SO do you think that we should get graded and labeled as a number in school? "I think that grades sucks They can't determine what i know, buy putting a number next to my name. That grade is something that is meant to scare you, but im not really intimidated by it." Are you thinking about your future and will school be beneficial in your future? " I think school is imprtant, all the good jobs look at your education and we basically survive based on how well we are educated. It's stressfull, but if you work hard, there has to be some reward at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment